Happy National Fruit Cocktail Day Everyone! Many of us have childhood memories of a dish of fruit cocktail served regularly with a meal… which now doesn’t sound so appetizing. I think we can all agree we prefer fresh fruit and as an adult, and alcohol is included. To celebrate this super fun day we are bringing you enough fun fruit cocktails to count as all of your fruit servings for today!
For starters, our fun fruit inspired Sparkling Wines are a great way to celebrate all on their own! Just add some fresh or frozen fruits to any of these sparkling wines for an easy and fun drinking cocktail!
PS Rosie Wilson loves mixing the Peach and Orange Sparkling together!
IF YOU WANT TO MAKE IT INTO A WINE SLUSHY…. (WHO DOESN’T?!)
- Pour your bottle of wine into a gallon ziplock bag set inside a dish then freeze overnight… wine doesn’t freeze solid so don’t be concerned if yours is a little slushy 😉
- Slice up 1 cup chopped fruit of your choice.. strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, or pineapple.
- Add wine and fruit to a blender, then blend until smooth. Serve immediately.
NOW LET’S MOVE ONTO SOME WHITE SANGRIA!
- Bottle of White Cabernet or Riesling
- 1/2 cup Peach Sparkling
- 1/4 cup Orange Sparkling
- 1 orange sliced
- 1 lemon sliced
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- Mix together all of the liquid ingredients.
- Add in the fruit. Let chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour, or up to 10 hours (unless wine was previously chilled)
- Serve cold.
FINISH OFF WITH A RED SUMMER SANGRIA!
- 2 bottles red wine, Barbera-Mourvedre or VS Cabernet Zinfandel
- 2 cups strawberries
- 20 oz can pineapple, including juice (chunks or slices)
- 2 cups cranberry juice
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 large oranges, sliced into wedges (remove seeds)
- 1 lemon sliced into wedges (remove seeds)
- 1 lime sliced into wedges (remove seeds)
- In a large 4 quart pitcher, pour the wine, strawberries, pineapples with their juice, and cranberry juice – mix well.
- Squeeze the juice from the orange, lemon and lime wedges and toss in the wedges when done. Toss blueberries, stir.
- Place sangria in fridge for several hours or overnight. When ready, pour over glass filled with ice, garnish with fresh berries and or fruit wedge. Enjoy!